segunda-feira, maio 10, 2010

Rise and Shine

The sun is rising, and I watch you sleeping, peacefully. You’re smiling, maybe dreaming, or maybe just having the bliss of a quiet and dream-free sleep.
It eases me, just doing this, just gazing you in your sleep. I feel so serene, and I wonder if this is the right place to be. It’s far too perfect, and scares me. I don’t want to hurt you, I don’t want to damage all this that we already have, and though it might look so small, so young, it fills my heart with one thing that I never felt.
Joy.
You open groggily your eyes, smile and ask in a small voice:
- Are you OK?
You know. You read everything in my eyes, like I can read in yours. And that’s scary too. But I just kiss you, snuggle in your arms and whisper.
- Never better.
I’m right where I want to be.